Close

June 2, 2017

Adam Corbridge (Geography Teacher)

Name: Adam Corbridge

Subject: BSc Physical Geography

Year Graduated: 2014

College: Fylde

Where are you now and what are you doing?
Still living in Lancaster, working as a Geography teacher in a secondary school just south of Lancaster.

What would you like to do next?
Keep teaching – trying to open peoples’ eyes to the world around us.

Why did you choose to study at Lancaster?
The campus is fantastic and that got me from the first time I visited, but also the Geography degree program was just what I was looking for – fantastic opportunities to travel and go on field trips, the flexibility to choose from loads of different modules, and the ‘Communicating Geography‘ module in second year was a unique opportunity to test the water for teaching as part of my degree.

What was your favourite part of your degree and why?
Definitely my second and third year field trips to Iceland and Cantabria in Spain – studying Geography out there where it’s happening whilst spending time with your mates is what it is all about.

How do you think your time at Lancaster prepared you for what you’re currently doing?
I liked Geography before I came to Lancaster but came out an even bigger Geography geek! I learned so much and the wide range of courses I did helped with that, along with the lecturers who taught me and helped me along the way. This is really important in teaching and my three years at Uni gave me that understanding and love for my subject.

What did you enjoy most about your time at Lancaster? (Including extra-curricular activities and beyond?
I loved every minute of my time at uni, meeting so many new people whilst having a great time. I was involved in sports a lot at uni, mostly playing frisbee or squash with friends, and also had a great time on the exec of the Geography Society, SLUGS, for 2 years. A highlight was when we told the world on our hoodies that Geography is not just colouring in!