Contact Us and FAQ

For general, registration, and abstract enquiries please email the following address:

e.tangham2@lancaster.ac.uk 

l.zhou10@lancaster.ac.uk 

g.esposito1@lancaster.ac.uk

For updates about the conference, please follow us on Twitter: @laelpg_2024

2024 Organising Committee

• Liying Zhou
  • Greta Esposito
  • Emil Tangham Hazelhurst

Frequently asked questions 

Q: Who is eligible to present at the conference?

A: Postgraduate students (MA or PhD) from any institution are welcome to present!

Q: What kind of abstract can I submit?

A: Provided that the abstract has not been published or presented at another conference, you can present any linguistic work you have done as a postgraduate student. If you want to get an idea of what has been presented at previous conferences, have a look at papers from LAEL PG

Q: If I present a poster, will I get a chance to talk to people about it?

A: Yes. There will be a scheduled slot in the day’s proceedings where poster presenters are encouraged to be present to allow conference attendees to ask questions about their projects. This time slot will be determined at a later date.

Q: How long should my presentation be?

A: Please prepare a 15-20 minute presentation.

Q: What dimensions should my poster be?

A: Poster boards are size A0 Landscape. Please make sure your poster fits into these dimensions.

Q: What kind of abstract can I submit?

A: So long as the abstract has not been published or presented at another conference, you can present any linguistic work you have done as a postgraduate student. If you want to get an idea of what has been presented at previous conferences, have a look at papers from LAEL PG

Q: If I am an MA-student, is it best to submit for a poster session?

A: Any postgrad student is welcome to submit for either a poster or talk.

Q: Is it possible to submit my abstract even if I still have no results, because I haven’t done any pilot studies or data collection yet?

A: Yes, we welcome abstracts for work in progress.

Q: Is it possible to submit an abstract for work that is being done with a partner, and what if the partner is not from the same university?

A: You are welcome to submit either a single-authored paper or a joined-authored paper. Regarding the second option,  authors do not have to be in the same institution as long as they are both PG students.

Q: Which busses can I get from the train station to campus?

A: You can catch the 4/4X bus to campus from the train station stop. It is a short walk to the city centre from the train station. There are two options to catch the bus from here – the main bus station or Common Garden Street. From both of these locations you can catch a 1 or a 1A bus to campus.

Q: Parking on campus

A: There is visitor parking on Grizedale Avenue. The parking charge is £5 per day, machines are card only.