We are pleased to announce the 11th Lancaster University International Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language Teaching which will take place at Lancaster University on Monday 11 July.
This one-day conference is designed to give linguistics postgraduates from various areas in linguistics and language teaching/assessment an opportunity to present and discuss their research in an informal and intellectually stimulating setting. The conference is organized by postgraduate students under the auspices of the Department of Linguistic and English Language, Lancaster University.
Registration for the 11th Lancaster University International Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language Teaching is now possible online. Please click here to register for the conference.
Early bird fee: £20.00. Early bird registration closes 22 May 2016.
Standard registration: £25.00. Standard registration closes 13 June 2016.
The conference fee includes the welcome reception, lunch and refreshments. Partipants will need to arrange their own travel and accommodation. Feel free to contact the organizing committee with any questions at: email@example.com.
Elsevier Student Travel Awards for LAEL PG 2016
Elsevier Ltd. has offered to provide five student travel awards of £50 each for the attendees of the 11th Lancaster Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language Teaching. The travel awards are intended to help students cover some of the costs of their attendance. Any attendee is eligible to receive an award but priority will be given to students from outside the UK.
Criteria for Elsevier student travel awards are: quality of the submitted abstract, academic excellence, and financial need. The awards will be made by the LAEL PG committee and their decisions will be final.
An application for a travel award must include:
- A statement requesting the travel award and providing the financial rationale for the request. The statement should include your name, the title of your presentation, your affiliation(s), and your contact information.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
- An academic recommendation letter that comments on your academic achievements and potential.
Submission for the Traval Awards is closed. The winners are:
- Abstracts must be received by: Monday 28 March
- Notification of acceptance: Sunday 1 May
- Early bird pre-registration deadline: Sunday 22 May
- Late registration deadline: Monday 13 June
- Conference: Monday 11 July
Dr Christopher Hart: Discourses of Disorder: Representing Riots, Strikes and Protests in the Press
Dr Uta Papen: Hymns and Prayers: The Role of Religious Literacy Practices in Children’s Literacy Learning
Professor Elena Semino, Head of Department of Language and English Language at Lancaster University, will open the conference.