Close

January 12, 2018

Laurence Ansell (Weber Stephen Products)

Name: Laurence Ansell

Subject: BA Geography

Year Graduated: 2016

College: Furness

Where are you now and what are you doing?

I am currently working in the business developing and marketing sector for Weber Stephen Products based in London.

What would you like to do next?

In the future I would like to build upon my past travels and see more of the world, perhaps exploring more remote parts of South East Asia and living in South America for a few months.

Why did you choose to study at Lancaster?

Lancaster’s degree scheme was very much suited to my passions, offering a wide variety of interesting modules to choose from, with great lecturers. The university is also a highly rated institution globally, which further drew me to Lancaster. However, it most certainly was not the weather…

What was your favourite part of your degree and why?

The favourite part of my degree was most certainly LEC 329 – Global Consumption, as it I found that the skills and knowledge that I gained were applicable in any job role, learning about how value is added at each stage of development and global inequality within these commodity chains.

How do you think your time at Lancaster prepared you for what you’re currently doing?

I believe that my degree scheme overall taught me many things, but most importantly, it taught me how to effectively manage my time and consistently meet deadlines, carefully balancing my degree and social life. These skills are obviously important within all job roles, but none more so than the intense marketing industry which I am now based in.

What did you enjoy most about your time at Lancaster? (Including extra-curricular activities and beyond?)

I particularly enjoyed the collegiate aspect of Lancaster, especially within the small college of Furness, where I felt as if everybody knew one another. I also enjoyed my role as a sports secretary for Furness, and also participating in college sports, particularly the football team, whereby I was also the vice-captain and met some great friends along the way.