Contact Us and FAQ

For general, registration and abstract enquiries please email the following address: m.dewhurst1@lancaster.ac.uk

For updates about the conference, please follow us on Twitter: @laelpg_2022

2022 Organising Committee

• Kevin Gerigk
  • Maria Fano Gonzalez
  • Hikaru Suzuki
  • Valentin Radulescu
  • Takayuki Nagamine
  • Maya Dewhurst
  • Rakan Alibri
  • Lois Fairclough
  • Yuze Sha

Frequently asked questions 

Q: Is the conference online?

A: No, this is an in person conference.

Q: How long should my presentation be?

A: Please prepare a 15-20 minute presentation.

Q: What dimensions should my poster be?

A: Poster boards are size A0 Landscape. Please make sure your poster fits into these dimensions.

Q: Is there a participation fee?

A: The price for the 2022 conference will be £15. This includes two refreshment breaks (tea/coffee/fruit/biscuits). Please note the refreshments provided do not include a full lunch, however, Lancaster University campus has a broad selection of food outlets where lunch can be purchased at a small cost.

Q: What kind of abstract can I submit?

A: So long as the abstract has not been published or presented at another conference, you can present any linguistic work you have done as a postgraduate student. If you want to get an idea of what has been presented at previous conferences, have a look at papers from LAEL PG

Q: If I am an MA-student, is it best to submit for a poster session?

A: Any postgrad student can submit for either a poster or talk.

Q: Is it possible to submit my abstract even if I still have no results, because I haven’t done any pilot studies or data collection yet?

A: Yes, we welcome abstracts for work in progress.

Q: Is it possible to submit an abstract for work that is being done with a partner, and what if the partner is not from the same university?

A: You are welcome to submit either a single-authored paper or a joined-authored paper. Regarding the second option,  authors do not have to be in the same institution as long as they are both PG students.

Q: Which busses can I get from the train station to campus?

A: You can catch the 4/4X bus to campus from the train station stop. It is a short walk to the city centre from the train station. There are two options to catch the bus from here – the main bus station or Common Garden Street. From both of these locations you can catch a 1 or a 1A bus to campus.

Q: Parking on campus

A: There is visitor parking on Grizedale Avenue. The parking charge is £5 per day, machines are card only.