Close

February 2, 2017

Andy Land (NCS)

Lancaster University Graduate Andrew Land

Name: Andrew Land

Subject: BA(hons) Human Geography; MSc European Environmental Management

Year Graduated: 2002 (BA); 2003 (MSc)

College: Cartmel

Where are you now and what are you doing?
Founding Director of NCS, a Building Surveying and Project Management consultancy based in Birmingham and London.  We offer building surveying and construction project management services on commercial projects to funds, property companies, landlords and tenants across office, retail, industrial, healthcare, leisure properties/developments etc.

What would you like to do next?
Continue to grow our business and develop additional services.  On a personal level I’m interested in developing my management experience and skills further and as such am currently serving as Vice Chair on a school governing board.

Why did you choose to study at Lancaster?
High quality of degree and teaching, particularly in the (then) Geography department; campus atmosphere; collegiate system.

What was your favourite part of your degree and why?
Field trips to Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris were all enjoyable and ‘productive’!

How do you think your time at Lancaster prepared you for what you’re currently doing?
It taught me self-management and critical skills.  It also enhanced my ability to learn and take on new skills, which has been crucial as I have re-trained in project management and had to learn business management skills at pace!

What did you enjoy most about your time at Lancaster?
The social atmosphere at Lancaster is superb – the collegiate system contributes to this in a big way.  I made life-long friends who are now scattered across the world in jobs ranging from airline pilot to barrister.

You can find more about Andy Land’s career on LinkedIn here.