The Faculty of Arts at the University of Porto (FLUP) and Camões Instituto da Cooperacao e da Língua, IP, is jointly offering a remote refresher course in teaching Portuguese as a Foreign Language (CAPPLE). The course is open to teachers of Portuguese as a Foreign Language who wish to update their professional knowledge in teaching Portuguese as a Foreign Language and teachers of Portuguese who wish to train in teaching Portuguese as a foreign/second language. Holders of a degree at a Portuguese university (with preference being given to degrees that integrate Portuguese Studies) or a degree obtained at a foreign university with a component of Portuguese Studies may also apply. Applications are open between March 24, 2022 and June 8, 2022.
The course is accredited by the Conselho Científico-Pedagógico da Formação Contínua (CCPFC), which is relevant for the career progression of teachers in teaching groups associated with the Portuguese language, and awards 3 ECTS in the European System of Accumulation and Transfer of Credits. The main objectives of the course are
- to reflect on the key linguistic areas for learners of Portuguese as a non-native language
- to perceive language as a means of social interaction and the identity of individuals in their interactions and relationships with the learning environment
- to know the current cultural and social elements of the Portuguese language
- to know the regulatory documents of the disciplinary domain in question
- to familiarize trainees with techniques and procedures for the development of teaching Portuguese as a non-native language
Candidates may also apply for one of the 10 grants of €250 from Camões, IP to attend this edition of the course. Candidates wishing to apply for a Camões, IP scholarship must submit their application for the course online and indicate their intention to apply for the scholarship. The course application documents must include a CV and qualification certificates, as well as a motivation letter justifying the scholarship application. These must be submitted as part of the online application and also sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . The documents will be sent to Camões, IP, the institution responsible for the decision to award the scholarship.
For more information, please click here .