Information for attendees – How to access UCMMT 2021 on Whova
Every registered attendee should receive an invitation letter from the Whova conference platform. For the first visit, please click “Sign up”. You will have to sign up for a Whova profile if you do not have one. To sign-in, please use the same email address that you used for your registration.
Then, start filling your profile with the information you are happy to share. You should at this point be able to view the UCMMT 2021 event. If you have issues in finding the right event page, you can use the search event bar and type ‘UCMMT 2021’. This will take you to the conference page where you need to insert the event code emailed to you to gain access.
We suggest you use the Desktop Whova app for a better experience, however all the Whova features are also available on the mobile app.
To pose questions during the sessions, please use the Q&A chat feature of Whova. Alternatively, please use the ‘Raise your hand’ feature in Zoom and the webinar Host will allow you to unmute yourself. Please, do not use the chat feature of Zoom.
Please, see further useful information at the links below:
- Guide for Whova attendees – https://whova.com/pages/whova-app-user-guide/
- Frequently Asked Questions
Instructions for Oral Presenters, Panellists and Session Chairs
UCMMT 2021 on Whova will use Zoom as streaming platform and presentations will be delivered as webinars. If you are a speaker of a regular or special session and you are not familiar with Zoom, please sign up to Zoom and familiarise with the software beforehand. You will receive an invitation via e-mail which gives you access as a ‘Panelist’ to the relevant session. As ‘Panellists’ in Zoom you will be able to share your screen, mute/unmute yourself and turn on/off your camera. Please so not use the link shown on the Whova agenda. The link on Whova is only for attendees.
Please note, in the case of consecutive sessions, where no break is scheduled due to time constraints, there will be one single webinar link carrying on from one session to the other. We encourage Oral Presenters, Panellists and Session Chairs to connect 10 minutes before the start of the streaming.
- Presenters, panellists and Session Chairs will receive an invitation link from Zoom to the relevant session. Please join directly via this link.
- Presenters should arrive and be ready 10 minutes before the start of the session and notify the Session Chair.
- Presenters will be presenting their work through “Screen share” of their slides in Zoom.
- Session Chairs will introduce the speakers and moderate the questions & answers session after each talk. Please refer to the Agenda for the timetable of your session. The duration of invited oral presentations is 25 minutes, including 20-minute presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers. For regular oral presentations, the duration is 15 minutes, including a 12-minute presentation and 3 minutes for questions and answers.
- The Session Chair will invite questions through the Q&A feature of Whova (please discourage the use of the chat in Zoom for this purpose) or the ‘Raise hand’ feature of Zoom. In the latter case, the Host will be able to unmute the attendee.
As a speaker, you will likely have your presentation in full screen mode. You may find useful to download the Whova app on your mobile phone to have a view of the chat during the Q&A part of your presentation. In all cases, the Session Chair will act as a moderator and will be able to read the questions to you. The Q&A area in Whova will be saved for each session to allow speakers to answer questions even after the meeting has ended.
Please see further useful information at the links below:
Guide for speakers – https://whova.com/pages/whova-speaker-guide/
Rehearsal drop-in sessions for Oral Presenters, Panellists and Session Chairs
We have scheduled rehearsal drop-in sessions to test your equipment in advance. The timetable can be found in the Whova Agenda (9th / 10th / 11th September, 10:00-11:00 AM, GMT +1).
You should have received an invitation to the rehearsal sessions which gives you access as a ‘Panellist’. As ‘Panellists’ in Zoom, you will be able to share your screen, mute/unmute yourself and turn on/off your camera. Please do not use the meeting link on the Whova agenda. The link on Whova is only for attendees.
If the allocated slots are not suitable to you, please contact us to request a connection test prior to the conference.
Instructions for Poster Presenters
Poster presenters have received their personal poster profile link to upload their poster presentation on Whova. Poster presenters are expected to be online ready to interact with the audience for the whole duration of the poster session on 14th September.