Soundman OKM II Classic including A3 Adapter
Binaural recording is a method of recording sound that uses two microphones, arranged with the intent to create a 3-D stereo sound sensation for the listener of actually being in the room with the performers or instruments.
- Binaural stereo recording producing a stunning reproduction of the sound source, with outstanding spatial characteristics
- Is omnidirectional electret condenser microphones
- Is especially appropriate for live music recording
- Is suitable for high quality speech recording
- Durable plastic case that easily fits in a pocket
- Allows hands free operation of other equipment while you record
- Can also be used as a lavalier or boundary microphone
- Are suitable for LINE-Inputs with A3 adapter when recording loud sounds
- a bass roll-off filter,
- a -20dB attenuation pad, and a battery tester.
- The OKM usually gets its power from the plug-in power available on most modern
- mini-recorders, which is 1.5V.
- The A3 supplies the microphones with a 6V charge, increasing headroom significantly and removing the need for plug-in power.
- The interface can now be plugged into the microphone input or the line input (depending on sound pressure levels) which means a larger range of sound pressure levels can be recorded simply by changing the combination of input and the attenuator pad setting.
- Any unwanted low frequency background noise can be filtered away using the bass roll-off filter.
- The A3 adaptor is highly recommended for use with the OKM; again it is very small and fits between the OKM and the recording device.
For more information please visit the Soundman website.
Quantity : 2
The Olympus WS-210S Digital Voice Recorder and Mass Storage Device, for recording interviews, meetings, memos and ideas in stereo sound.
- Over 138 hours digital recording.
- Mass storage device for data files – music, dictation, images & documents. USB direct for fast up/downloading.
- High quality WMA (Windows Media Audio) music playback function. 6 recording qualities for voice files: STXQ/STHQ/STSP/HQ/SP/LP.
- LCD screen with extensive data information. 5 folders for file management.
- Long battery life, 1 x AAA battery lasting up to 21 hours.
- Lightweight & pocketsize.
- 512MB internal memory.
Full details and technical specifications can be found on the manufacturer’s site here.
Each kit contains the following. Please report any missing items to the FASS IT Workshop as soon as possible.
- Olympus WS-210S recorder
- USB extension cable
- Ear bud headphones
There are 4 kits available, identified by the item serial number or university asset code.
Kit 1: Olympus Audio Recorder Serial Number 200178442.
Kit 2: Olympus Audio Recorder Asset Code FS01473 / Serial Number 200178594.
Kit 3: Olympus Audio Recorder Asset Code FS01472 / Serial Number 200178975.
Kit 4: Olympus Audio Recorder Asset Code FS01474 / Serial Number 200178231.
Audacity is an open-source audio editing software package, available for both PC and Mac. It allows wave form editing and input/export functions, as well as some filters.
Details and downloads of the software can be found here.
Express Scribe is free professional audio player software for PC, Mac or Linux designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings. A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with ‘hot’ keys). This computer transcriber application also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and more.
It is free to install, and is designed for use with a foot pedal.
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch).
- Supports Video.
- Supports professional foot pedals which connect to the USB port to control playback.
- Uses ‘hot’ keys to control playback when using other software (eg. Word).
- Ability to dock both analog and digital portable recorders to load recordings.
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processor applications.
- Integrates directly with Express Delegate Dictation Workflow.
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work.
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text.
- Loads CD audio directly – start to work as it loads in the background.
- Can switch to ‘mini’ mode to reduce screen space. Integrate with dictation management systems using the Express Scribe SDK.
- Works with FastFox typing utility to turn difficult medical/legal phrases and common terms into mere shortcuts from your keyboard.
The Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a high quality stereo option for videographers, and is ideal for recording music, and the atmospheric ambience essential in building a realistic audio scene.
- Based around a matched pair of high sensitivity ½”cardioid condenser capsules in a coincident XY pair, the Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a wide stereo image with natural depth.
- The integrated shock mounting system provides superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise that can otherwise degrade the recording quality.
- The lightweight yet robust multi-strand cable provides acoustic decoupling from the camera and offers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
- The user friendly designed rear of the microphone body features the power and equalisation controls, including a high pass filter at 75Hz which is designed to cut out the noise generated by air conditioning, traffic and other undesirable low frequency interference.
- A -10dB PAD allows the user to reduce the sensitivity of the microphone, making it suitable for recording loud sound sources such as live music or at sporting events.
- Features a +20dB level boost specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, the typically low quality camera preamp level can be reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
For more information click here
Quantity : 1
Like all Zoom recorders, the H1’s onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern, for imaging. As both mics are arranged on the same axis, they are equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting resulting great stereo recordings with natural depth and accurate imaging.
- Recording format flexibility from 16-bit/44.1 kHz to 24-bit/96 kHz WAV, or MP3 from 48 kbps to 320 kbps and enough tools onboard to make impeccable recordings.
- The H1 records on microSD cards and comes with a 2GB microSD card. Using a 32GB microSDHC card allows over 50 hours of recording time at 16-bit/44.1 kHz.
- Extremely lightweight only weighing 581g and only being 18.4 x 15 x 13.4 cm.
- Zoom H1
- AC adapter (USB type)
- USB cable
- Adjustable tripod stand
- Padded-shell case
- Mic clip adapter One size.
Quantity : 5