Equipment is available for mobilities research in any discipline.
Please search this blog for details of all equipment.
Equipment can be borrowed and returned during term time, B39 Bowland North:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 1-2pm
The bulk of mobilities equipment will be managed through an online booking system, and collected from the LICA technical team in the Great Hall. We are in the process of transferring to this system. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve and collect the following equipment:
N.B: This list will change as we move more equipment over.
If you need to record or live stream a seminar or speaker there is suitable equipment available from Bowland North B39.
Rode stereo video mic
Samsung Galaxy A3 – for use as audio/photo/notes etc
G3000 HD glasses camera eyeware
720P HD Camera Eyeware
Headphones: Sennheisser PX100-II Foldable open mini on-ear headphone
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M30 Closed Back Headphones
Zoom H4N Audio Recorder Kit
Zoom H1 Audio recorder kit
Microphones: soundman OKM II Classic inc.A3 (binaural microphone)
Microphones: IQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone and iPad
10 x ipad mini
Lightning to VGA Adapter
Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Further information about the LICA borrowing system: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lica/about-us/booking-equipment/
(note: mobilities equipment is available for research across the university, core LICA equipment is only available to that department.)
Who can borrow equipment?
Anyone conducting mobilities research.
* Undergraduates may be able to borrow equipment by special arrangement.
Verification of status
- Staff will be verified via the Staff Directory https://www.staffdirectory.lancaster.ac.uk/
- UG and PG students must have a form signed by their supervisor or tutor to verify that the equipment is for mobilities research. The form can be collected at the times above.
- Equipment can be borrowed for a maximum of two weeks.
- Some manuals are available on request
- All equipment is borrowed at your own risk, borrowers are liable for any loss or breakage, or theft if not securely locked up.
- Equipment must be returned on time
- Please ensure that all parts of the equipment are returned (see list in box or bag)
- All media must be deleted from the equipment before it is returned. We cannot guarantee any security for data after return of equipment.
Equipment can be booked in advance, in person at the times above.
(booking by email will be available shortly)