Close

March 21, 2018

Adam Kotwal (LG Energy Group)

Name: Adam Kotwal

Subject: BSc Geography

Year Graduated: 2016

College: Bowland

Where are you now and what are you doing?

I moved back home to Bolton and started working in Manchester for LG Energy Group as a reporting energy analyst. This role involves being a member of the reporting team who analyse data, interpret figures and present the results and findings in statistical tables and diagrams with critical written analysis. Essentially, I work within a team who use data to create client specific reports, predominantly using Excel for the purposes of my work.

What would you like to do next?

I am moving to London, still working for the same company, but in a different role.

Why did you choose to study at Lancaster?

Lancaster is a historic city; campus life was super cosy, and the collegiate system was appealing to me.

What was your favourite part of your degree and why?

The people I met on my course, lecturers and other students!

How do you think your time at Lancaster prepared you for what you’re currently doing?

You meet so many different people, from a vast amount of different places, with so many different things about them. Meeting all these people allows you to learn so more about them, and in turn learn how they view life and how it may differ to you. When you go into a work place environment, the majority of issues occur when dealing with people and navigating relationships with different stakeholders, being able to deal with people and understand different viewpoints puts you at a strategic advantage when trying to understand what is required by these people in the tasks you carry out.

What did you enjoy most about your time at Lancaster? (Including extra-curricular activities and beyond?)

Just a perfect balance with rewarding education, a great social life and the ability to indulge in a more creative side that I never knew I was into before coming Lancaster (Scriptwriting).