Close

January 12, 2018

Emma Fearon (JBA Consulting)

Name: Emma Fearon

Subject: BSc Geography

Year Graduated: 2017

College: County

Where are you now and what are you doing?

I am currently working for JBA consulting, who are an environmentally-based company, with my role within the company involving working as part of a team in the flood mapping division based in Skipton.

What would you like to do next?

At this moment in time I am still unsure, but I would like to travel for a few months once the flood mapping project ends in around a years’ time.

Why did you choose to study at Lancaster?

The campus and collegiate system really appealed to me, as did the course – I knew before undertaking my studies that Lancaster was a fantastic place to study Physical Geography.

What was your favourite part of your degree and why?

It has to be the fieldtrips, going to Spain and Iceland to learn about the environment was a great way to expand upon my knowledge, whilst also making new friends on my course. Additionally, the smaller field trips, like the ones to the Lake District were also enjoyable and were a great way to see the local area.

How do you think your time at Lancaster prepared you for what you’re currently doing?

Academically, it prepared me as I studied multiple GIS and hydrology modules, both of which are now huge parts of my current job role. Furthermore, my time at Lancaster also benefitted me socially, as moving away helped me become more independent and forced me out of my comfort zone.

What did you enjoy most about your time at Lancaster? (Including extra-curricular activities and beyond?)

Meeting the people that I met and making friends for life.