Shirley Cheung presented in the 2015 American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Convention during 12-14 November held in Denver, Colorado. She presented work from her undergraduate honors thesis with Dr. Pui Fong Kan in two poster presentations and a 2-hour seminar.
Her undergraduate studies at the University of Colorado Boulder examined the complexity of Cantonese-English bilingual language environments, specifically focusing on home and classroom settings.
Below are the titles of the events she presented in. Additional information and advanced handouts can be searched here:
- Poster – Session Code 7022
- Patterns of vocabulary development in monolingual and bilingual children
- Poster – Session Code 8218
- Cantonese and English language input of bilingual preschool children in home and classroom environments
- 2-hour Seminar – Session Code 1316
- Research in Chinese-speaking communities and its contribution to the CSD field: A panel discussion