Welcome to CHIMED-3, the third
International Conference on Historical Medical Discourse
The third International Conference on Historical Medical Discourse (CHIMED-3) was held at Mary Ward House, London (UK) on 11th-12th May 2023. You can now watch the recordings of the talks from CHIMED-3 on YouTube and follow the event on Twitter using #CHIMED3. For a written summary of the event, we invite you to read the blog post about the event, co-authored by Hanna Schmueck and Emma Putland.
The conference series was initiated in Milan in 2017 and focuses on multidisciplinary research into European historical medical discourse. We welcome studies drawing from linguistics, literary studies and history – among others – to present a comprehensive and well-rounded view of medical discourse in Europe.
- Tony McEnery, Lancaster University (see bio here)
- Gavin Brookes, Lancaster University (see bio here)
- Isobelle Clarke, Lancaster University (see bio here)
- Irma Taavitsainen, University of Helsinki (see bio here)
- Emma Putland, Lancaster University (see bio here)
- Hanna Schmueck (see bio here)