Student Bloggers

Name: Azizan Anas

Studying: BSc Hons Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics (MORSE)

From: Brunei

Hobbies and Interests: I like to make videos for fun! I have my own small YouTube channel where I am planning to share bits of my experiences whilst in Lancaster University. I also like to watch movies and series (K-Series to be specific), during my free time to de-stress as well as listening to music of all genres.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like how the campus is surrounded by nature! I can enjoy a walk through Woodland Trails as well as visiting the lovely ducks at Lake Carter. The facilities offered which includes the support system both academically and mentally as well the resources available in the library is excellent.

Name: Lucy

Studying: MSc Management

From: UK

Hobbies and Interests: In my free time I love playing netball or unwinding and relaxing in the evening with some yoga. I also really enjoy watching crime dramas, films, and finding new places to go for lunch with friends. Every summer I try and set myself a target of doing something a bit different and out of my comfort zone such as the fastest zipwire in Wales!

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Personally, I love how Lancaster University feels like a community – being a campus university and having the collegiate system allows so many opportunities to meet new people. The campus offers everything you need on your doorstep with shops, bars, cafes and studying facilities. Studying at Lancaster has also shown me that the departments, lecturers and careers team really care about your future and expanding your horizons during your time and after you graduate.

Name: Leanne

Studying: Business Management

From: Singapore

Hobbies and Interests: I love all types of art forms (digital art, painting, sketching, photography, videography, singing) and going on short runs on a sunny day.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The woodlands trail and scenery. The cobble stone town streets and historic landmarks.

Name: Tsz Yan

Studying: MSc Business Analytics

From: Hong Kong

Hobbies and Interests: I enjoy listening to music because it can help me to relax. Singing is also my interest which can release my stress. In my spare time, I enjoy reading novels, watching movies and spending time with my friends and family.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Lancaster University provides different opportunities for students to develop their knowledge, skills and experience. Professors and lecturers are really nice and helpful to answer any questions I have. It has also provided different workshops to improve the global development of students. Moreover, it is a beautiful and attractive study place which I really like.

Name: Safiya

Studying: BA English Literature 

From: UK

Hobbies and interests: In my spare time, I enjoy reading for leisure, watching films and spending time with my family and close friends. I also love creatively writing with pieces ranging from poetry and prose to screenplays and scripts, and I am an avid baker.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I enjoy the facilities and opportunities that are readily available for students. These include places for leisure such as cafes and College social spaces, as well as the incredible libraries. The campus is a very safe and diverse space, which makes it a comfortable and enjoyable location to work and study. Lancaster University has done incredibly by being an all-inclusive University and, being a young Muslim student, I sincerely appreciate the Islamic Prayer Rooms that are very much like normal Mosques. They are well kept and well facilitated.

Name: Sophia

Studying: LLB Hons Law

From: Greece

Hobbies and interests: My hobbies as I am growing up are different. So, in the past I had as a hobby photo shooting of landscapes, later many kinds of sports from a very young age and as I am growing up I want more intellectual hobbies to cultivate myself, such as debating societies and literature societies or learning languages.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like studying at Lancaster University because it gives me as a student many opportunities in my field of study and to broaden my horizons or cultivate and explore what I like and make it as much as I can better.

Name: Carlos

Studying: PhD in Management Science

From: Peru

Hobbies and Interests: I love taking pictures, sightseeing and also in my country I used to enjoy going to the gym for fitness classes.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like meeting people from different parts of the world, different cultures, knowledge, customs and traditions.

Aditi Agarwal Blogger Pic

Name: Aditi

Studying: BSc Marketing

From: India

Hobbies and Interests: My hobbies and interests are singing, reading and journaling. I am always interested to try out new things and gain new experiences and help others in whatever ways I can.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? There is a lot of independent learning and a focus on practical education rather than rote learning. We also get to do other amazing activities like engaging in different societies, sport activities and real business projects.

Name: Joey

Joey Chiu profile pic

Studying: BSc Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics (MORSE)

From: Hong Kong

Hobbies and Interests: I enjoy travelling around to the towns nearby with my friends. Watching TV dramas and animations are also my all-time favourite for relaxation after loads of coursework. Sometimes I love making desserts and sharing them with my buddies.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The diversity of the societies. There are various opportunities ranging from sports, music, languages, to culture. The university also helps me expand my social network, get professional advice from experts, learn new skills and get involved in different experiences.

Name: Sagarika

Sagarika Goru profile pic

Studying: MSc Human Resource Management

From: India

Hobbies and interests: I am an enthusiastic person excited about everything new that life has to offer! I am a Xenophile and a travel addict. I like fashion designing and experimenting with my style! I also love organising and managing events and baking some delicious cakes and cookies!

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Lancaster University is a very warm and welcoming place to be at. Coming from an entirely different continent and culture, it is difficult for a student to adjust to the environment, but the students and staff of the university have been so friendly and helpful that one can just feel at home. The importance that the university places on students is overwhelming. The student-friendly teaching pattern, the stress on independent learning and self-study gives us a chance to explore and understand ourselves deeply before getting into the corporate world that’s waiting with loads of opportunities for young adult minds like us to make a change.

Name: Li Xinying

Studying: MSc Project Management

From: China

Hobbies and interests: I have great curiosity and desire to challenge all new things. I especially like outdoor sports and have joined the school’s women’s rugby society. I am also very interested in yoga, crafts, singing, traveling, photography, and reading. When time permits, I enjoy watching a good film as well as learning short video clips.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Lancaster University is a place where opportunities and challenges coexist. I can run on the rugby field with students ten years younger than me, or learn a new language in my spare time. I can even think about the possibility of starting a business. Anything I want has a chance to be achieved, and the school will always provide perfect support and guidance.

Name: Femi Falodun

Studying: MSc Advanced Marketing Management

From: Nigeria

Hobbies and interests: I love writing, reading and talking to people. I am also obsessed with the learning, researching, practising and teaching marketing and communications.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I truly love the rich cultural diversity of the Lancaster University community of students. I love the calm and serenity of the city of Lancaster and the University campus in itself.