Student Bloggers

Name: Azizan Anas

Studying: BSc Hons Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics (MORSE)

Hobbies and Interests: I like to make videos for fun! I have my own small YouTube channel where I am planning to share bits of my experiences whilst in Lancaster University. I also like to watch movies and series (K-Series to be specific), during my free time to de-stress as well as listening to music of all genres.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like how the campus is surrounded by nature! I can enjoy a walk through Woodland Trails as well as visiting the lovely ducks at Lake Carter. The facilities offered which includes the support system both academically and mentally as well the resources available in the library is excellent.

Name: Lucy

Studying: MSc Management

Hobbies and Interests: In my free time I love playing netball or unwinding and relaxing in the evening with some yoga. I also really enjoy watching crime dramas, films, and finding new places to go for lunch with friends. Every summer I try and set myself a target of doing something a bit different and out of my comfort zone such as the fastest zipwire in Wales!

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Personally, I love how Lancaster University feels like a community – being a campus university and having the collegiate system allows so many opportunities to meet new people. The campus offers everything you need on your doorstep with shops, bars, cafes and studying facilities. Studying at Lancaster has also shown me that the departments, lecturers and careers team really care about your future and expanding your horizons during your time and after you graduate.

Name: Leanne

Studying: Business Management

Hobbies and Interests: I love all types of art forms (digital art, painting, sketching, photography, videography, singing) and going on short runs on a sunny day.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The woodlands trail and scenery. The cobble stone town streets and historic landmarks.

Name: Tsz Yan

Studying: MSc Business Analytics

Hobbies and Interests: I enjoy listening to music because it can help me to relax. Singing is also my interest which can release my stress. In my spare time, I enjoy reading novels, watching movies and spending time with my friends and family.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Lancaster University provides different opportunities for students to develop their knowledge, skills and experience. Professors and lecturers are really nice and helpful to answer any questions I have. It has also provided different workshops to improve the global development of students. Moreover, it is a beautiful and attractive study place which I really like.

Name: Safiya

Studying: BA English Literature 

From: UK

Hobbies and interests: In my spare time, I enjoy reading for leisure, watching films and spending time with my family and close friends. I also love creatively writing with pieces ranging from poetry and prose to screenplays and scripts, and I am an avid baker.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I enjoy the facilities and opportunities that are readily available for students. These include places for leisure such as cafes and College social spaces, as well as the incredible libraries. The campus is a very safe and diverse space, which makes it a comfortable and enjoyable location to work and study. Lancaster University has done incredibly by being an all-inclusive University and, being a young Muslim student, I sincerely appreciate the Islamic Prayer Rooms that are very much like normal Mosques. They are well kept and well facilitated.

Name: Sophia

Studying: LLB Hons Law

From: Greece

Hobbies and interests: My hobbies as I am growing up are different. So, in the past I had as a hobby photo shooting of landscapes, later many kinds of sports from a very young age and as I am growing up I want more intellectual hobbies to cultivate myself, such as debating societies and literature societies or learning languages.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like studying at Lancaster University because it gives me as a student many opportunities in my field of study and to broaden my horizons or cultivate and explore what I like and make it as much as I can better.

Name: Carlos

Studying: PhD in Management Science

From: Peru

Hobbies and Interests: I love taking pictures, sightseeing and also in my country I used to enjoy going to the gym for fitness classes.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like meeting people from different parts of the world, different cultures, knowledge, customs and traditions.