Student Bloggers

Name: Hannah

Studying: BA Hons Advertising and Marketing

From: Brough, East Yorkshire

Hobbies and interests: I have joined cheerleading which I already love but I also have an interest in blogging (I already have my own personal blog) as I like to talk about motivation, optimism and staying positive.I am also into fashion and lifestyle such as homeware and interior design.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The management school has so many great career and development opportunities. Lancaster isn’t too big yet still has sufficient shops and has a nice community that makes you feel at home and it is very beautiful. Similarly, the campus is designed well and the green campus is a big plus. The amount of societies is fantastic and I’m excited to get involved with new things and develop my passions with likeminded people.

Name: Catherine

From: North Wales

Hobbies and interests: I’ve danced since I was able to walk and I also have a keen interest in the police force and criminal psychology, which I hope to enter when I graduate!

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I enjoy the sense of community you feel around campus. Straight away when you arrive at Lancaster you feel the sense that everyone is in this together. That forms the structure for all the amazing relationships you create at university, which for me has made my experience the best yet.

Name: Hannah

Studying: BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences

From: Essex

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, Researching, Travelling and Fitness.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I Love the vibrant community on campus and the variety of people you can meet on a daily basis. There exists a vast range of opportunities and the staff are always happy to help you, no matter what you need. The eclectic range of places to study is also great too- my favourite place being the Lancaster Environment Centre building, especially on a sunny day.

Name: Anna

Studying: French and Linguistics

From: Bolton (UK)

Hobbies and Interests: Fashion, blogging, writing, playing the flute and piano, cooking, travelling and learning languages.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? I like studying in a multicultural environment where I feel my opinions are heard and valued and my beliefs are accepted.

Name: Aurelija

Studying: Law (International)

From: Lithuania

Hobbies and Interests: Travelling, photography and music.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Amazing campus, collegiate system, wide range of courses offered and the modern library.

Name: Catherine

Studying: Computer Science

From: Bury (UK)

Hobbies and Interests: Most of my spare time is spent with friends but I also enjoy reading horror mystery fiction. I also enjoy sketching and being amongst cats.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Lancaster University has a sense of community and being part of a college gives you somewhere to belong. It’s easy to get support in everything from personal well-being to academic support for your learning.

Name: Melissa

Studying: English Literature and Creative Writing

From: Manchester (UK)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, gaming Anime, costume making, board games, role playing, Lancaster University Comedy Society and art.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The diverse library resources and it is a fairly peaceful campus with calm workspaces and relaxing countryside.

Name: Ruth

Studying: History

From: Gloucestershire (UK)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing and learning about the Tudors. I also volunteer for Unicef and being a member of the feminist society is also really interesting.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? My course as the History course is so interesting and the student like in Lancaster is so great.

Name: Sara

Studying: Linguistics and Philosophy

From: Originally from Hungary but I lived on the Isle of Wight before coming to Lancaster University

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, fitness and singing in the Lancaster Gospel Choir

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The enthusiasm and passion of my lecturers, the quality of the teaching, the range of resources available, the campus environment and the range of societies and events on offer.

Name: Shentao

Studying: English Language and Linguistics

From: China

Hobbies and Interests: Jogging, badminton, travelling and computational linguistics

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? Its strong academic ranking, rich academic resources and state of the art facilities.

Name: Nevena

Studying: Business Studies

From: Bulgaria

Hobbies and Interests: I like people who are passionate about what they are doing and sharing stories is something extremely inspirational. My hobbies include travelling and dancing.

What do you like about studying at Lancaster University? The cultural diversity students are able to encounter.