A Month Today – Outward Bound

Not Long Now! Time flies when you’re having fun… (or working hard in my case)

Since my last post not a lot has changed if I’m being honest! I didn’t want all of my blogowers (blog + followers) to get bored so this post is all about some facts and figures about my new home in Cowboy Country, also more commonly known as Calgary and what I’m really looking forward to doing whilst I’m on my year abroad!

But first, an introduction to my monster suitcase!

Image of a large blue suitcase

Can I just tell you how hard it is to be a girl sometimes… Well in fact girls have the short straw all of the time! I’m not going to state the obvious in why it’s such in a pain being a girl but with our feminine allure comes a multitude of problems, the main thing for me is PACKING LIGHT!!!

Packing light is completely unheard of in the female world! We need hairdryers, straighteners, hair products, special toiletries (too many to list), nice underwear, not to forget clothes, and I mean plenty and plenty of clothes! In just under a months time I’m faced with the impossible task of filling a suitcase to last me 9 months, but it can only weigh 24kg! ARGH #panic_stations

Okay, so scrap the hairdryer and umm maybe the straighteners but I love clothes and make-up and oh well, I shouldn’t be going on about this, studying abroad for a year is an absolutely fantastic opportunity so  packing ‘light’ is a minor issue, if even an issue at all. I’ll get super Mum on the job! Plus I’ve been super organised and made a list of what to and what not to pack. You can also buy things while you’re over there of course; bedding, pots and pans etc. I’ve heard that the University and Calgary even has items from previous study abroad students that you can help yourself too. SORTED!