LUX: Undergraduate Journal of Literature and Culture is looking for contributors for its next issue, due for release in 2021.
While founded in the Department of English and Creative Writing, the journal is interdisciplinary and values the contributions from Lancaster students across all FASS faculties.
Students may wish to submit any of the following:
- An article of 3,500 – 6,500 words
- A creative-critical piece (if your creative piece is too large/three-dimensional then photographs may be used, but must be accompanied with a critical commentary of reasonable length)
- An interview (with relevance to your area of study)
Your choice of topic is your own, but should be relevant to areas of study covered within your department.
Please note that former coursework pieces must match the following criteria:
- Students must state which module it was originally submitted for and their tutor’s name.
- Re-submitted coursework will also answer an argument/contain an original title, not use the questions written in handbooks. Essays from 101 and 208 projects, half-units or dissertations where the student creates their own question, not pre-set essay questions will be given more weight and valued for originality.
- Masters students are welcome to submit previous undergraduate work (e.g. a chapter of their third year dissertation).
Please view http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/luxjournal/instructions-for-authors/ for our guidelines for submission and the journal’s style guide.
If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your article with the appropriate additional materials to email@example.com by 11pm on the 21st September 2020.