2016 Placement Blog: Patrizia Carbone

Patrizia Carbone: 2016 Summer Intern for Bay Tourism

Patrizia’s inital blog post outlines her internship role, and the improvements she saw to her skills in the first week of her placement.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/patrizia-carbone-a8228155/en

My name is Patrizia Carbone, and I currently finishing MSc International Innovation (Design path) at Lancaster University. Since I will be spending the summer in Lancaster to work on my dissertation I decided to make the most of the last months at university and I applied for a FASS Placement Scheme within Morecambe Bay Tourism Association as a Marketing Assistant. After a first interview I was offered the position. I was very excited!

My role at the moment is to help with the website interface design through getting UX/UI research. During the first weeks of the placement I was able to put into practise what I have been studying by developing/creating survey to be handed out to visitors and members and by organising focus groups (with a co-design integrated aspect) with Bay Tourism’s stakeholder.

The first focus group will take place this week, and I will talk about on my next post.

So far, after about four weeks into the placement, I can see that I have improve my communication and design skills.