This space is an exchange for outcomes developing from the Mobile Utopia Conference 2017. To list your activities here, please contact Jessie Carbutt firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently we have:
- Calls for papers – please see here for details
- The Global Mobilities Network – please join this global research community platform
- Visual Impressions from the Conference – under construction
- A Social Media Storify – relive the conference through social media posts.
- Commentaries – reflections and posts about the conference
- Blogpost and video – Tess Baxter, New Art in Old Containers: The Safe Shipment of Small Cargo
Mobile Utopia – Special Issue CfP
Title TBC – Special Issue in Applied Mobilities – more soon here
Handbook on Research Methods and Applications for Mobilities Call for Chapters
The Handbook gathers the methodological energy and creativity in the field of mobilities research and its varied applications. It brings together key contributions on mobile, inventive, live or otherwise engaged and applied qualitative and quantitative research and research co-creation methods within the mobilities paradigm.
Social Futures Handbook Call
Mobilities are critical to social futures, and we invite contributions on topics including the critical role of mobile utopia, mobilities practices, mobilities systems in shaping futures, the power of the mobilities paradigm as an analytical orientation for the study of social futures, mobilities as a methodological approach to mainstreaming or democratising the future and to ‘world’ with greater care and ethical circumspection.
Relive the Conference on our Social Media Storify
- Blood Drone-topia? by Stephanie Sodero
- Drone-topia? Mobile Experiment blog post/photo essay by Stephanie Sodero
- Entering the World of Mobilities by Jessie Carbutt
- New Art in Old Containers: The Safe Shipment of Small Cargo art instalment, blog post and video by Tess Baxter