Lancaster University’s postgraduate social science community would like to invite PhD students to an Intellectual Party/Summer Conference, 8-9th July 2020. This event is a brilliant opportunity to meet and collaborate with research students from around the world, to present your work in a friendly and encouraging environment, and to meet and engage with some of Lancaster’s renowned academic staff. The Intellectual Party is more than just another conference – it combines academic challenge with a lot of fun as well!
All participants submit an abstract and give a twenty-minute presentation on their topic of choice, with time for feedback and questions. You can apply to present research on any topic in an open session or in one of the seven themed sessions involving members of staff from across the social sciences at Lancaster University. This year’s themes are:
- Things DIGITAL – any aspect of the digital world
- Things POLICY – any aspect of policy, governance, political process and law
- Things MEDIA – any aspect of media studies, creative industries and communication
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY of all kinds – any aspect of science and technology related studies plus specific STS work
- ENVIRONMENTAL of all kinds – any aspect of environment, nature, sustainability
- PRACTICES of all kinds – covers all aspects of social practice
- HEALTH AND CARE of all kinds – any aspect of health and care
- OPEN SESSIONS – you can submit an abstract on absolutely any topic and we will schedule similar work in a number of open sessions
Update Concerning COVID-19:
Considering the current situation with COVID-19, we regret to inform you that the organising committee has decided to cancel the Intellectual Party/Summer Conference in July 2020. The priority is to follow the current lockdown in the UK and make sure we keep ourselves and others safe.
We would like to kindly remind you that the Intellectual Party/Summer Conference takes place at Lancaster University every July. Please stay posted for our call via e-mail and Twitter (@LUsummerconf) at the turn of the year and consider joining us next year.
Keep well and stay safe!
On behalf of the organising committee,
Tweeting: @LUsummerconf #IPLancs2020