The digital fruits of my labour

Hello everyone! My name is Kishen, and I joined the Good Place Innovators project in June 2022. Despite only working with the team until the end of July, this was truly an amazing experience as I felt my efforts were appreciated, and I was also able to see the fruits of my labour which was extremely fulfilling too.

My contributions include creating a poster to promote the Luneside Studios Art Exhibition. This was an event held at the Management School HUB Café at Lancaster University, hosted by the Good Place Innovators. I used Canva and Adobe Photoshop to design this poster and went over each draft of the poster with the team to continuously improve design elements and eventually create the perfect poster. Eventually, this poster was printed and posted throughout campus.

Additionally, I also created a two comic strips for the innovation challenge featured on the Good Place Innovators website. Once the personas for both people was finalised, I used the personas to design a comic strip personalised to each person. Just like the poster, I used Canva and Adobe Photoshop to create this, along with Adobe Illustrator to touch up some design elements. I went over each draft with my team, and after going back and forth redesigning and rearranging elements, I finally had something that my team and myself were happy with.

Comic stripMoreover, I assisted with some design and aesthetic elements on the Good Place Innovators website, such as picking colour palates and modifying arrangement of icons or text boxes on the page to keep everything structured and neat. I also took some pictures and filmed some videos to showcase the challenges the personas we had created face on a day-to-day basis; these pictures were also used in the comic strips.

My time working on this project has taught me valuable skills like time management, teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, professionalism, and having a good work ethic. Additionally, the design work has also honed my creative thinking skills. Overall, I really enjoyed my time working for the Good Place Innovators project, and I hope the students enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it!