Here are some related projects and reports which we’ve been following and contributing to.
Deliberative processes on climate and energy: national
- Climate Assembly UK
- French Convention Citoyenne pour le Climat
- Irish Citizens’ Assembly
- Scotland’s Climate Assembly
Deliberative processes on climate and energy: local
- Leeds Climate Change Citizens’ Jury
- Camden Citizens’ Assembly on the Climate Crisis
- Oxford Citizens’ Assembly on Climate Change
- Lancaster district People’s Jury
- Brighton & Hove Climate Assembly
- Kendal Climate Citizens’ Jury
Guides and briefings
- This briefing, by Shared Future and Lucy Stone, is a great resource, explaining why and how local areas might use deliberative processes to provide vital input into their climate strategy.
- CAST has produced a briefing paper on climate change citizens’ assemblies.
- ‘Getting Climate Citizens’ Assemblies Right’ is an interesting blog by Claire Mellier and Rich Wilson, comparing the UK and French Assemblies.
- The UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC) hosts a Societal Engagement Observatory, tracking public engagement in energy and net-zero transitions.