Welcome to Lancaster, a city that guarantees new experiences to your one or many years of academic life! I am Sarada, an MSc Management student of the 2015-2016 batch. Life at Lancaster for me was an amazing experience. To start with, it is not difficult to travel in this small town with a population of around 50,000 and the people are really friendly here. The city centre is the best shopping place to buy things.
Landing at your accommodation, you realize that you need to shop to settle in. Though the options of shopping at amazon and online shopping for groceries exist, it is a ritual undertaken by students to do their first shopping at the town. Travelling to the city by bus is one of the most convenient and cheap method of transportation. It takes about 2.50 to travel to the town and back to the University. The few places that are frequented by students to economically shop are:
- Wilko- bedding pack, detergents, stationary, cutlery, utensils, bathing products
- Poundland- everything is for a pound, but do not expect to see a wide variety of products
- Sainsbury- monthly groceries
- Mountain Warehouse- one stop destination to stock up on Winter wear
- Iceland- exclusive store to buy frozen products
Happy Shopping and do not forget to explore the other shops in the town!