Hi everyone, inspired by being asked to do something similar at a recent conference for early career researchers, I have recorded a presentation where I talk about my career path.

There are many diverse paths, no two people follow the same path, and everyone needs to find theirs. Seeing examples might help inspire someone, so that’s why I am doing this.

Examples of academic paths tend to be easier to find than alternative paths, and I would encourage you to also look elsewhere for diverse examples. Being successful is about being happy with what you do.

If you are curious to learn more about someone’s path, reach out to them and ask for a chat. Most people will be delighted to share their experiences!

Also, it is important to recognise that everyone goes through ups and downs. My path has certainly had many smiles, and quite a few tears as well! It is not all shiny, but it is my path, and one that I am happy with and proud of.

I am extremely lucky and grateful to have had many inspiring mentors and colleagues along the way, both senior and junior. Thanks so much for being there for me and making my journey brighter!!

I hope I can pay it forward and inspire others to be happy and successful too.

Warm wishes,

Elizabete