Closing date is Thursday 24th November 2022 at midnight.
LAEL offers two research internship schemes to Part II students. You can apply for a maximum of two different research internship projects (i.e. two SPRINT projects, or two TRINITY projects, or one SPRINT and one TRINITY).
The Summer Project Research Internships involve you working with a member of staff on a research project for four weeks in either June, July or August 2023.
- SPRINT students will be paid £2,038.16 for their work.
- SPRINT projects are available to students who will finish their second year in summer 2023.
- Students must be majoring in Linguistics and/or English Language.
- These are the 8 SPRINT projects to choose from.
The Term-time Internships involves you working one day per week with a member of staff on a research project in Term 2 of 2023.
- TRINITY students will be paid £1116.80 for their work.
- TRINITY projects are available to second or third year students who have not previously completed a LAEL research internship.
- Students must be majoring in Linguistics and/or English Language
- These are the 7 TRINITY projects to choose from.
At least one internship will be reserved for a student from a Widening Participation background. You must meet one of these criteria to be considered for the Widening Participation funding.
HOW TO APPLY?
All applications must be emailed to George Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight on Thursday 24th November 2022.
Note that you may not yet have your marks back for your Term One work. It is sensible to wait until you have as much information as you can before submitting your form, but of course, don’t leave it till after the deadline!
You will hear about the outcome of your application before Christmas 2022.