The aim of the Gynae Cancer Narratives Project is to understand patient experiences of gynae-radiotherapy through gathering narratives of radiotherapy encounters in order to develop services and provide more support for cancer patients in the North West.
- Collect narrative accounts of patient experiences of gynae-radiotherapy from consent to six months post-treatment using written, visual or voice recording methods.
- Better understand the practical demands placed upon patients receiving radiotherapy.
- Develop an understanding of how interrelated identities shape experiences of gynae-radiotherapy e.g. disability or age.
- Explore how individuals mobilise resources to cope with demands of gynae-radiotherapy.
- Develop a range of resources for use by patients and practitioners, including a searchable website and a patient support tool containing an anthology of narratives.