Wed 3rd June, 11:00-12:30
Lancaster University’s Digital Humanities Hub is hosting a Virtual Open Day. It is for students who would like a greater understanding of the potential for using digital methods in the humanities or who who may already be interested in incorporating Digital Humanities (DH) as part of their postgraduate study, particularly at MA level. You may be interested in our MA in Digital Humanities or just in including DH modules in other MAs such as our MA History.
Who should attend?:
- People who have already registered an interest in Lancaster’s MA in Digital Humanities
- People who are considering doing an MA in Digital Humanities
- People who are interested in post-graduate study involving the use of digital approaches
- Recent humanities graduates or final year students who are interested in the potential of using digital methods in further study or careers
11:00: Welcome to Digital Humanities at Lancaster
11:05: What is DH and its importance for students (Dr Paty Murrieta-Flores)
11:15: Postgraduate study in humanities departments at Lancaster (Dr Mark Hurst, Dr Clare Egan & Prof Jonathan Culpeper).
11:25: DH courses for postgraduates at Lancaster (Prof Ian Gregory)
11:35: The student experience (Sophie Merrix)
11:45: Employability and future careers (Dr Paty Murrieta-Flores & Prof Ian Gregory)
11:50 on: Questions
For more information on our MA Programmes:
- Department of History: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/history/masters/ or watch this video.
- Department of English & Creative Writing: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/english-literature-and-creative-writing/postgraduate/
- Department of Linguistics & English Language: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/linguistics/masters-level
To hear about the experience of Ruth Byrne, a DH PhD student co-supervised by the departments of History and Linguistics & English Language in collaboration with the British Library, see this video.
How to Join:
We will be on Microsoft Teams at 11:00 on Wednesday 3rd June – just follow this link. Note that Teams will run in a web browser.