Removing obstacles: Inclusion of students with learning difficulties in teaching additional languagesPhoto: Lancaster University

Professor Judit Kormos (j.kormos@lancaster.ac.uk), Lancaster University

In this presentation I will discuss the conceptualizations of inclusion and the characteristics of inclusive teaching processes. I outline the current obstacles to inclusion in teaching additional languages to students with learning difficulties and suggest ways in which these existing barriers might be removed. In the talk I illustrate obstacles and possible solutions using examples from my research conducted with dyslexic language learners in the past few years.

Friday, 1 July, 9.00-10.00

Bio

Judit Kormos is a Professor in Second Language Acquisition at Lancaster University. She was a key partner in the award-winning DysTEFL project sponsored by the European Commission and a lead educator in the Dyslexia and Foreign Language Teaching massive open online learning course offered by Future Learn. She is the co-author of the book Teaching Languages to Students with Specific Learning Differences and has published widely on the effect of dyslexia on processes of second language learning.

back to programme