Headshot of Steven Sorrell

Professor Steve Sorrell

s.r.sorrell@sussex.ac.uk

Additional links

I am an energy and climate policy specialist with 30 years of experience in academic and consultancy research.  I am currently Professor of Energy Policy in the Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex and Co-Director of the Centre for Research on Energy Demand Solutions (CREDS).

I have undertaken a range of research on energy and climate policy, focusing in particular on energy efficiency and resource depletion.  My work draws primarily upon economics and includes case studies, econometric analysis and energy modelling.  I am included in the last four editions of the Clarivate Highly Cited Researchers List and I have extensive experience in leading academic research projects and professional consulting.  I teach postgraduate modules on energy and climate policy and policy analysis to MSc students at Sussex.

My role on the team

I am acting as an adviser to the research team, particularly in relation to the rebound effects associated with digital technologies.

Why I wanted to join the team

There are important overlaps between PARIS-DE, my ongoing research for CREDS and my broader interests in energy efficiency and energy demand.