Additional links

I am a Lecturer in Computer Science in the School of Computing and Communications at Lancaster University, researching the sustainable and responsible innovation of digital technology.

In my research, I utilise quantitative and qualitative research methods for understanding and mitigating the negative social and environmental impacts of digital technology. I have specific expertise on the sustainable design of video streaming services, and outside of PARIS-DE, I also research how gender equality can be improved within the field of Computer Science. In my spare time, I like to play board games and travel with my husband.

My role on the team

I am a co-investigator of PARIS-DE, leading the evaluation of the sustainable design framework for the digital technology case studies under investigation. I particularly provide expertise in the environmental impacts of video streaming and the narratives underpinning ICT’s climate impact.

Why I wanted to join the team

While I recognise the many benefits ICT can create in our everyday lives, I am concerned that its environmental impacts have been allowed to grow unchecked. I hope for a future where digital technology only adds value to our lives, in terms of wellbeing and sustainability.