Develop your research skills on real-world projects…
The Richardson Institute Internship Programme (RIIP) is the only internship of its kind in UK universities, running across the academic year and providing FASS students with the opportunity to gain valuable research experience in a prestigious Peace and Conflict Research Centre. The RIIP is a voluntary programme designed to provide you with opportunities to:
- develop your analytical and research skills
- have work published
- develop your presentation and public speaking skills
- work with other students from across the Faculty on contemporary research projects
- work with external organisations such as NGOs. think tanks, charities and faith-based organisations
- gain skills that will improve your employability
- access placements to gain professional experience over summer
Applications for the 2020-21 programme will open in October.
Find out more about the Richardson Institute and the RIIP by watching our video…
If you join the RIIP, you will join a group of approximately 5 other interns and work with an external organisation on a project. Our current interns have worked with external organisations such as NGOs, think tanks, charities and faith based organisations.
If you are successful with your application, you will join a team of interns and work with an external organisation on a project. Current interns have worked with organisations such as International Alert, Maslaha, the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, Moonshot, Football Beyond Borders, and RadicalisationResearch.
You will work on the project alongside your studies throughout the academic year and will be supported by RIIP staff, who will advise on projects and run research training and interactive workshops throughout each term.
You and your group will be asked to present your findings by producing a research poster for display at the Richardson Institute Undergraduate Conference and/or by producing a report for your host organisation.
The RIIP welcomes applications from undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in any of the following departments…
- Educational Research
- English and Creative Writing
- European Languages and Cultures
- Linguistics and English Language
- Politics, Philosophy and Religion
…who have an interest in undertaking research on the themes of challenging stereotypes, peace and conflict.
If you have any queries about the RIIP please email email@example.com.