About the Course
What will you learn?
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Analyse time series structure;
- Identify the time series components;
- Produce point forecasts and prediction intervals for any time series;
- Evaluate the accuracy of your forecasts;
- Make relevant managerial decisions based on the point and interval forecasts.
The only requirement for the attendees of the course is to know the basics of R, understand the "if-else" logic and be familiar with idea of loops. The rest will be covered in the course.
- You are not required to know anything about forecasting - we will teach you;
- You are not expected to know statistics - we will explain the essentials;
- You do not need to be an R expert - we will show you how to become one.
This two-day course will cover topics:
- The basics of time series analysis, including time series decomposition and seasonality detection;
- Simple forecasting methods, such as Naïve, moving and global avereages;
- Advanced forecasting methods, such as ETS, ARIMA, regression and Neural Networks;
- Elements of promotional modelling;
- Forecasts evaluation;
You can find more details about the course here.
About the CMAF
Centre for Marketing Analytics and Forecasting is a pioneering centre for fundamental and applied research, leading knowledge exchange between academia and business. Learn more about us on our page.