Crowberry Consulting Application- Hints and Tips!

Last year, third year Law student Ellie Digby, successfully undertook a FASS Legal Executive Internship with Crowberry Consulting in Chorley. In this blog post, she’s offering current students helpful hints and tips who are hoping to apply for this internship.

• DO YOUR RESEARCH – Sometimes the company you are applying for an internship with is one that is new to you. From experience, knowing little facts about the company that you can drop in during your interview can really make you stand out. So much information can be found just from having a quick scroll through their website, you don’t have to spend hours researching and memorizing!

• BE OPEN MINDED – I know when I applied for my internship with Crowberry I was particularly worried that I didn’t know enough about the area they worked in but this didn’t faze them at all, what they were looking for was someone with the right transferable skills. They can teach you about their area of practice quickly but it takes a long time to learn and master the transferable skills the role calls for.

• ASK QUESTIONS – For me, I have always struggled with asking questions/asking for help or advice but during my internship I learnt that asking questions can often open up a conversation where a lot can be learnt.

• MAKE CONTACTS / KEEP IN CONTACT – Just because your internship ends doesn’t mean your dialogue with those who employed you has to. I speak to everyone I worked with at Crowberry fairly regularly and they are always willing to have a chat and give me advice.

• & FINALLY, ENJOY IT – Yes, an internship is a lot of hard work but the experience you will gain is invaluable. Make the most of your time there and soak up as much information as you can, you never know what you might learn or where it might lead you to!

Crowberry Consulting® Ltd is an environment, energy and ethical management consultancy providing audits, training and implementation for customers in the UK and EU. We specialize in ISO Management Systems and Ethical Audits, including ISO 14001 environmental, ISO 50001 energy, ISO 20121 Sustainable Events and SEDEX. We have over 25 years’ experience of supporting businesses in these key areas. They are currently recruiting with the FASS Internship Scheme for a Legal Executive. To apply for this role, email your CV and Cover Letter to fassplacements@lancaster.ac.uk. Applications close on the 25th April and we recommend you pop in and see the team for application advice before you apply!

For more tips and application advice from the FASS Placements and Internships Team, email us at fassplacements@lancaster.ac.uk.

Come to our Drop in Clinic- Mondays 13:30-15:30 FASS Building, A floor, Glass Office.

Book a 1:1 appointment with Lucy Hutchinson via TARGETConnect.