Get rained on for a reason: the Christmas challenge

I’m doing that fundraising thing again, and this Christmas, I’m trying to raise a little money for Every Mother Counts (@everymomcounts).

TL;DR version: good cause, running, cycling, mud, rain, aaargh, donate here.

Full version:…

What does this Christmas challenge involve?

This autumn/winter, from 15th November to 14th December, I’m going to spend thirty rainy, sleety, windy days doing the Strava Run and Ride for a Reason Challenge. To complete the challenge in the thirty days, I need to:

• run 50km (or more), and
  • ride 150km (or more)

I’ll be joined by athletes all around the world doing the same thing, raising money through EverydayHero (@everydayhero) for one of the five charities. The grand plan is to hit a collective goal of running four million kilometres and riding twenty million kilometres. You can monitor our overall progress here. In the process, we hope to make our planet, ourselves, and our fellow humans a little bit healthier and happier.

Who am I raising money for?

Every Mother Counts (@everymomcounts) is a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother worldwide. They inform, engage, and mobilise new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world.

How can you donate?

If you have a few coppers to throw at my EverydayHero page, it will encourage – nay, compel – me to sweat, stagger, and shamble even more miles round the peaks and troughs, and highways and byways of the Duchy of Lancaster. As ever, I’ll document my agonies on Strava and Twitter.

What’s not to like.

Apart from the rain. Of course.