A number of the Student Digital Projects are now complete and the recordings of the Sharing Practice presentation are below. Further information and full project evaluations can be found on the Case Studies page.
Upcoming sharing practice events
Digital Differences: Recognising intercultural differences and making the most of digital skills in Higher Education
This is the fifth in a series of sharing practice and exemplars events from the Digital Lancaster ‘Student Digital Projects’.
A number of bursaries of £800 each funded students to work alongside an academic to develop ‘the digital’ in their teaching.
This session focuses on three projects – exploring the difference that digital makes in different cultures, helping students apply their digital skills in a Higher Education setting and the sharing of experiences of lecturers from LUMS who have made a difference to their teaching using digital.
- Intercultural Competencies: developing online training for students to raise their awareness of own and other cultures, including digital differences
- Digital Literacy for Academic Purposes Training Suite: helping students to apply their digital understanding in the HE context
- Feel the fear but doing it anyway; Learning experiences of everyday lecturers
Key lessons from the evaluation of the development and implementation of these projects will be shared to encourage others to think about how this might enhance their own teaching and curriculum design practices.
Recordings of previous events
Embracing ‘the digital’ for teaching and learning
December 2016: First Sharing Practice Event. Session recordings:
- Supporting Study Abroad
- Networking learning for placement students
- Social Media to develop employability
Improving student communication, resources and administration digitally
February 2017: Second Sharing Practice Event: Session recordings and slides
- Introduction | Slides
- Improving Distance PGR Student Access to the University Research Community
- Developing Online Resource for Family Business Education | Slides
- Attendance Monitoring Pilot for Attendance Check-In | Slides
Digital Enhancements to traditional methods
Friday 3 March. Third sharing practice event: Session recordings and slides
- Introduction | Slides
- Enhancing the LUMS Student Digital Experience – Online Marking | Slides
- Online grammar assessment for European Languages
- Developing LING200 | Slides
Adapting to the Digital Era
March 2017: Fourth Sharing Practice Event: Session recordings and slides