PhD Students

Dan Degerman

Faye Tucker

Moujan Mirdamadi

Dan Degerman

Dan Degerman is a PhD student in political philosophy and Society & Ethics Wellcome scholar at Lancaster University. His doctoral research investigates the political relevance of mental suffering. In 2014, he earned an MA in political and legal theory from the University of York, graduating at the top of his class and earning the award for best political philosophy dissertation. Between 2011 and 2012, he was a Researcher-in-Residence at the Center for Neurotechnology Studies at the Potomac Institute for in Arlington, Virginia, exploring the ethical, legal and social implications of human enhancement.

https://lancaster.academia.edu/DanDegerman

d.degerman@lancaster.ac.uk

Faye Tucker

I am a PhD student studying ethical issues relating to adolescence. I am interested in how adolescents occupy a middle ground between childhood and adulthood. I am developing a transitional paternalist approach which helps facilitates the growing autonomy that comes with adolescence.

f.tucker@lancaster.ac.uk

Moujan Mirdamadi

I am a PhD student in Philosophy of Psychiatry. My main interests are the phenomenology of mental illness and how various symptoms and experiences of these are shaped by cultural variations. My current research is concerned with depression, and aims to do a comparative phenomenological analysis of experiences of depression in Iran and the UK. I received my MA in Philosophy from University of Bristol, with the focus of my thesis on Foucault and stigmatisation of mental illness in cinema.

m.mirdamadi@lancaster.ac.uk